Are you searching for the perfect winter activity the whole family can enjoy?
Let us help you!!
Our 2016 guide is jam packed with the best family oriented activities in the New Jersey, New York, and the East Pennsylvania area.
Ambassador Limo and Party bus has been fortunate enough to provide safe transportation for families and their friends to many of the popular destinations you will find in this 2016 guide.
Most events and activities listed here are classic / timeless and happen annually without fail such as visiting the HUGE Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, Skiing/snowboarding,
and shows such as the New York City Ballet George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker and the Radio City Christmas Spectacular.
Ice Skating Arenas
- Rockefeller center: 45 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10111 (212) 332-6868
Welcome to one of New York City’s most celebrated attractions! In the heart of Midtown, steps from Times Square and the Theater District, The Rink at Rockefeller Center is a New York City tradition that everyone can enjoy. Whether you’re looking for a classic NYC ice skating session or reservations for one of our exclusive wintertime experiences, you are assured magical memories that you will cherish for years to come.
- Winter Village at Bryant Park: 41 W 40th St, New York, NY 10018 (212) 768-4242
The Rink is the centerpiece of Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park. The 170′ x 100′ rink features free admission ice skating, in addition to high-quality rental skates, skating shows, special events, and activities.
- Wollman rink: 830 5th Ave, New York, NY 10065 (212) 439-6900
Skating on Wollman Rink is a winter tradition for New Yorkers and tourists alike, so many people have tied up their skates for the very first time on this ice. Ice skating is a long-standing and beloved tradition here in Central Park — as old as the Park itself.
- Ice Vault Arena: 10 Nevins Rd, Wayne, NJ 07470 (973) 628-1500
Ice Vault Skating Arena offers Ice Rentals, Recreation Leagues, Public Skating, Figure Skating, Open Hockey, and an abundance of programs to keep you or your family occupied for year round ice fun!
- Floyd Hall Arena: 28 Clove Rd, Little Falls, NJ 07424 (973) 746-7744
Open 18 hours per day and 362 days per year, Floyd Hall Arena offers public skating sessions as well as a variety of skating and hockey instructional programs for the local communities. Former New Jersey Devils defenseman Randy Velischek serves as an instructor at the arena and current Devils star Martin Brodeur and has enrolled his children in programs at Floyd Hall Arena. Thirteen NHL teams have practiced at the arena, as well.
- Clary Anderson Arena: 41 Chestnut St, Montclair, NJ 07042 (973) 744-6088
Clary Anderson Arena is a facility that is exciting and fun for you and your family. A place where individuals can go to enjoy one of Americas favorite past times. Clary Anderson Arena consist of an ice rink, birthday party room, concession and more. We are located in the heart of Montclair, New Jersey. Clary Anderson Arena offers an enjoyable family environment for leisure skating, birthday parties and special events.
The rink also offers all forms of skating competitions whether for hockey or figure skating. Clary Anderson Arena offers a variety of instructional skating programs for children and adults. Whether you are interested in hockey or just gliding on the ice, Clary Anderson Arena has a fun activity for you!
The arena operates from September until May and was built to serve the needs of families and individuals interested in skating. Hockey and skating are great pass times and enjoyed by most all who participate. We invite you to visit this website often to check the schedules and the many opportunities Clary Anderson has for your skating, hockey and birthday needs!
- Skytop Lodge Adventure Center: 1 Skytop Lodge Rd, Skytop, PA 18357 (570) 595-8988
Nestled high on 5,500 acres of thriving woodlands, open fields, miles of trails and a pristine lake, Skytop Lodge offers a full range of snow sports and winter activities to appeal to everyone. Ice skaters of all abilities can enjoy wonderful winter fun on Skytop’s weather-protected outdoor rink. Ice skate rentals are available.
- Hickory Run State Park: 3613 State Route 534, White Haven, PA 18661 (570) 443-0400
15,990-acre Hickory Run State Park offers a variety of winter activities. When conditions permit, Sand Spring Lake is available for ice-skating. Explore the Winter Report for the current snow and ice depths.
- Manor Sports at Pocono Manor: 1 Manor Dr, Pocono Manor, PA 18349 (570) 839-3908
Conditions permitting, ice skating occurs on an on-site pond. Contact the Manor Sports office for information.
Tours/ Museums in NY
- The 9/11 Tribute Center: 120 Liberty St, New York, NY 10006 (212) 393-9160
The 9/11 Tribute Center shares personal stories of family members who lost loved ones, survivors, rescue and recovery workers, volunteers, and Lower Manhattan residents with those who want to learn about the September 11 attacks
- Ripley’s Believe it or not!: 234 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036 (212) 398-3133
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Times Square invites guests of all ages to experience the unbelievable mysteries of our world. Home to rare artifacts and thrilling interactive exhibits, our one-of-kind attraction in NYC is perfect for those who want to immerse themselves in the unusual, the unexpected and the unbelievable. Only in Ripley’s New York will families rediscover wonder around every corner.
- Metropolitan museum of art: 1000 5th Ave, New York, NY 10028 1 (800) 662-3397
The Met presents over 5,000 years of art from around the world for everyone to experience and enjoy.
- American museum of natural history: Central Park West & 79th St, New York, NY 10024
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world’s preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret, and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world, and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education, and exhibition.
- Dyker Heights Christmas lights tour: 82nd St, Brooklyn, NY 11228
If you want to see some of the most extravagant Christmas light displays, you should make the trip to the Dyker Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn. Many of the Christmas light displays are done professionally, and they tend to evolve each year in an unspoken effort to “outdo” each other. In addition to over-the-top Christmas lights, there are large inflatable Christmas decorations and even motorized Christmas displays.
Skiing, Snowboarding, and tubing in NY, NJ, PA
- Belleayre Mountain Ski Resort: 181 Galli Curci Rd, Highmount, NY 12441 (845) 254-5600
Belleayre offers something for everybody, from skiing to snowboarding to cross-country skiing. While the area does designate just over half of its runs as intermediate, advanced and beginner skiers/riders are not without their runs. Youngsters will enjoy the Ski-Wee Carousel, a teaching aid; and intermediates have a 7,000-foot trail called Deer Run on which to play. There are two glade areas on the upper mountain, and additional expert terrain in the area under the Tomahawk quad. Snowmaking covers Horseshoe Pass, another upper mountain trail. The area has 171 acres to romp in, 96 percent of that covered by snowmaking equipment.
- Windham Mountain Resort: 19 Resort Dr, Windham, NY 12496 (518) 734-4300
Pairing small-town Catskills charm with 21st-century ambiance, at just over two hours from the New York metro area, we’re the Northeast’s year-round outdoor lifestyle destination!
Closer than Vermont and with more vertical than the Berkshires, Windham Mountain Resort offers big mountain skiing & riding close to home. 55 years of commitment to snow sports has always attracted guests to Windham Mountain Resort, and 5 new trails in the past 3 years proves our passion.
Most recently, Windham Mountain Resort has invested over $15 million in capital improvements to provide the Northeast’s premier alpine lifestyle™. In addition to 98% snowmaking on 54 trails totaling 285 skiable acres, we also offer an inn, golf course, alpine spa, adventure park, lift -served mountain bike park, and three restaurants. Windham Mountain Resort has it all for winter, spring, summer, and fall!
Exceptional enhancements to our offerings means we must also impress in connecting with our guests. An integral part of Windham Mountain Resort is creating memories that last a lifetime. From fourth generation life-timer families to first-timer couples, guests choose us because they desire fun and trust us to provide it. We live up to and exceed those expectations! Take a look around when you’re on the mountain, and it’s hard not to notice the extraordinary landscape that surrounds us.
- Hunter Mountain Ski Resort: Main St, Hunter, NY 12442 (518) 263-4223
As Upstate New York’s premier ski vacation destination for skiing and snowboarding, Hunter Mountain celebrates renowned terrain, snowmaking and grooming, an award-winning Learning Center, snow tubing, slope-side condominiums and the Kaat skill Mountain Club luxury hotel.
- Campgaw Mountain: 200 Campgaw Rd, Mahwah, NJ 07430 (201) 327-7800
As New Jersey’s premier learn-to-ski/snowboard and tubing destination, Campgaw Mountain offers an alpine escape right in your backyard. Located in northern Bergen County, we are the closest ski area to the New York metro area with 100% snowmaking capabilities, only 18 miles north of the George Washington Bridge.
We provide a variety of skiing and snowboarding terrain for all abilities with short lift lines, uncrowded trails, and a friendly staff. You’ll find the latest in rental equipment and the highest level of skiing or snowboarding instruction for all ages. Whether you are a beginner or an enthusiast, you’ll love the skiing, snowboarding, and tubing at Campgaw Mountain.
- Mountain Creek: 200 Route 94, Vernon Township, NJ 07462 (973) 827-2000
Besides skiing and snowboarding, the resort offers one of the nation’s largest snow tubing park, multiple zip-lines, and an alpine coaster
- Crystal Springs Resort: 1 Wild Turkey Way, Hamburg, NJ 07419 (866) 348-0958
When Winter arrives, Mountain Creek is the place for skier and snowboarders of every age and skill level. With 41 trails located on four peaks, and the industry’s most advanced snowmaking covering 100% of its trails, Mountain Creek has more snow making capacity than any other ski resort in the PA, NJ, NY and CT region.
The Poconos (PA)
- Blue Mountain: 1660 Blue Mountain Dr, Palmerton, PA 18071 (610) 826-7700
Blue Mountain is the home of Pennsylvania’s highest vertical, the most varied terrain and some of the longest runs in PA! Close to home – we are only 90 minutes from Philadelphia and 90 minutes from New York – so you can join us any day or every day of the year.
- Camel Back Mountain: 301 Resort Dr, Tannersville, PA 18372 (570) 629-1661
Camel back Mountain remains among the top ski resorts in PA! Voted #1 resort in Pennsylvania 4 years in a row, Camelback’s ski resort offers the biggest skiing & snowboarding terrain in the area, as well as the Biggest Snow tubing Park in the USA! We are 100% lit for night skiing and home of the several Terrain-Based Learning programs for kids & adults. Our trails are friendly for both beginning riders to the most advanced skiers and snowboarders. Come experience winter fun like never before. Become part of our family at Camelback Mountain Ski Resort in the beautiful Pocono Mountains, PA.
- Jack Frost Mountain: 434 Jack Frost Mountain Rd, White Haven, PA 18661 570.443.8425
Jack Frost Mountain, located in the Pocono Mountains of Northeastern Pennsylvania and sister mountain of nearby Big Boulder, has 30 slopes and trails, beginner through expert, served by nine lifts and one magic carpet. Snow tubing also is available with eight chutes (singles and doubles) and four lifts.
- Shawnee Mountain ski area: 401 Hollow Rd, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 (570) 421-7231
Shawnee Mountain Ski Area has earned a reputation for aggressive snowmaking and quality grooming. Located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains, Shawnee offers day and night skiing, snowboarding and a tubing park.
- Ski Big Bear: 192 Karl Hope Blvd, Lackawaxen, PA 18435 (570) 226-8585
Masthope Mountain is a vacation resort that offers skiing at its Big Bear area.
- Skytop Lodge Adventure Center: 1 Skytop Lodge Rd, Skytop, PA 18357 (570) 595-8988
At a peak of 295 feet, ski or ride your way down the pristine, gentle slopes at Skytop Lodge’s Ski Hill. Located on West Mountain, the four distinct slopes feature beautiful panoramic views of the Pocono Mountains and wide trails cut through serene Pennsylvania forest.
Christmas Activities and Events in NY, NJ, PA
- January 5th -10th Winter Jazz Fest for more information go to winterjazzfest.com
Winter Jazz fest celebrates the music as a living entity, wherein history collides with the future in every note. Creative improvisation in the digital age continues to stimulate thought and emotion of its listeners, embracing innovation, defying instrumental boundaries and the old cliché’s of “What is Jazz?” Winter Jazz fest is the annual New York home to the exciting and forward-thinking contemporary jazz music being made today. It attracts a unique, deeply engaged, discerning audience, a diverse range of cultural enthusiasts and music fans from across North America and over 20 countries. The festival also plays host to attendees of the annual Association of Performing Arts Professionals (APAP), who attend Winter Jazz fest in order to discover new talents.
- January 4th– 17th Under the Radar comedy theater performance 425 Lafayette Street (at Astor Place)New York, NY 10003 212.539.8500
Over the last 13 years, The Public’s UNDER THE RADAR FESTIVAL has presented over 210 companies from 41 countries. It has grown into a landmark of the New York City theater season and is a vital part of The Public’s mission, providing a high-visibility platform to support artists from diverse backgrounds who are redefining the act of making theater. Widely recognized as a premier launching pad for new and cutting-edge performance from the U.S. and abroad, UTR has presented works by such respected artists as Elevator Repair Service, Nature Theater of Oklahoma, Gob Squad, Belarus Free Theatre, Guillermo Calderón, and Young Jean Lee. These artists provide a snapshot of contemporary theater: richly distinct in terms of perspectives, aesthetics, and social practice, and pointing to the future of the art form.
- Radio City Christmas Spectacular 1260 6th Ave, New York, NY 10020 1 (866) 858 0007 for tickets and show times go to
The Christmas Spectacular is an annual musical holiday stage show presented at Radio City Music Hall in New York City
- Holiday Train show Botanical garden 2900 Southern Blvd, Bronx, NY 10458 (718) 817-8700
Enchanting model trains zip through a display of 150 landmarks, each recreated with bark, leaves, and other natural materials—all under the twinkling glow of the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory. Marvel at G-scale locomotives humming along among familiar sights such as the Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty, and Rockefeller Center on nearly a half-mile of track. The recent exhibition expansion continues with more trains, an all-new Queensboro bridge, and a true New York finale featuring a whimsical tribute to the iconic Coney Island amusement park’s architecture and attractions.
- New York City Ballet George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, 20 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023 (212) 496-0600
Celebrate the joy and wonder of the holidays with George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® as Tschaikovsky’s iconic score whisks you away on a heartwarming adventure through the eyes of the pint-sized heroine Marie on her journey to a fantastical land made entirely of candy
- Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting 45 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10111 (212) 332-6868
The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree is a world-wide symbol of the holidays in New York City. The 2016 Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree will be lit for the first time on Wednesday, November 30, with live performances from 7–9pm, at Rockefeller Plaza, between West 48th and West 51st Streets and Fifth and Sixth Avenues. Thousands crowded the sidewalks for the event and millions watched it live across the globe. The Tree will remain lit and can be viewed until 9pm on January 7, 2017.
- 12/2-11/2016 Gingerbread Wonderland Exhibit & Craft Show (Arboretum) 353 E Hanover Ave, Morristown, NJ 07960 (973) 326-7603
This December marks the 25th Anniversary of Gingerbread Wonderland. Guests, young and old, marvel at the creativity, skill and sense of optimism that characterizes this charming and ecumenical exhibit of hundreds of edible structures.
- An Old-Fashioned Christmas Exhibit– Cape May November 18, 2016 – January 1, 2017 1048 Washington St. Cape May, NJ 08204 (609)-884-5404
An exhibit of holiday traditions through the years complete with model trains, toys and much more! At the Carroll Gallery at the Emlen Physick Estate, The Gallery is open daily (except Thanksgiving and Christmas); hours vary. Free admission. Sponsored by the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities (MAC).
- Holiday Lights at Turtle Back Zoo – West Orange November 18, 2016- January 3, 2017 560 Northfield Avenue · West Orange, NJ 07052 · 973-731-5800
About 50 animal and holiday-themed figures will light up the winter night in Turtle Back Zoo and the surrounding Essex County South Mountain Recreation Complex. Over 100,000 lights will illuminate figures of bears, tigers and elephants, along with holiday lights designed to look like wooden soldiers, stars and winter scenes. Several animal exhibits will be open, including the Sea Lion Sound, Essex Farm, Tam-ring Gibbons Reserve, Tropical Currents Aquarium and the Reptile Building.
Myrtle the Turtle, the mascot of Turtle Back Zoo, and several of his winter friends will be on hand to greet visitors at the Zoo. “Selfies” with Santa Claus and a mailbox where children can send letters to Santa Clause at the North Pole will be available each night until December 23rd.
The Poconos (PA)
- Pocono Manor Magical Fireside Christmas November 24th– December 25th 1 Manor Dr, Pocono Manor, PA 18349 (800) 233-8150
Have you always dreamed of visiting Santa at the North Pole? Whether you’re child at heart or actually a child, everyone feels the magic of Christmas come alive during Magical Fireside Christmas at Pocono Manor. This wonderful event starts on Thanksgiving night, November 24 and runs until December 25, on Friday, Saturdays and Sundays. Come visit Santa and Mrs. Claus at their workshop, where you can create ornaments, enjoy cookie decorating, bonfires with s’mores, sleigh rides, delicious food and more.
This year Santa brought more than just his helper elves, he also brought Rudolph and the team. Don’t forget to schedule your Elf Turn-down service at check-in. Santa’s little helpers are here to wish you goodnight with milk, cookies and an exciting Christmas bed time story.
Plus we placed a special request with the jolly man in red, every Sunday from November 24 until December 18, our guest can enjoy breakfast with Santa Claus! Start a new Holiday Tradition this year and experience this spectacular Christmas event.
- Jim Thorpe’s olde time Christmas December 3rd– 18th only on Saturday and Sunday for more information go to
The warm glow of Christmas Past beckons all to the 34th Annual Olde Time Christmas Festival in Jim Thorpe, PA, celebrated the first two weekends in December – December 4, 5 & 6, 12 & 13.
Hanukkah in New York
- Lower Manhattan Museum of Jewish heritage: 36 Battery Pl, New York, NY 10280 (646) 437-4202
Created as a living memorial to those who perished during the Holocaust, the Museum honors those who died by celebrating their lives—cherishing the traditions that they embraced, examining their achievements and faith, and affirming the vibrant worldwide Jewish community that is their legacy today. New generations are taught how to recognize and fight contemporary instances of injustice and oppression.
- Top Kosher Restaurants
- B&H Dairy in the East Village 127 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10003 (212) 505-8065 https://www.facebook.com/BHDairyKosherRestaurant/
- Yonah Schimmel Knish bakery in the lower East side 137 E Houston St, New York, NY 10002 (212) 477-2858 http://knishery.com/
- 2nd Ave Deli in Kips Bay 162 E 33rd St, New York, NY 10016 (212) 689-9000 www.2ndavedeli.com/
- Taim in the West village 222 Waverly Pl, New York, NY 10014 (212) 691-1287 www.taimfalafel.com/
- Ben’s Kosher Deli in Mid-West 209 W 38th St, New York, NY 10018 (212) 398-2367 www.bensdeli.net/
- Sacred chow in Greenwich Village 227 Sullivan St, New York, NY 10012 (212) 337-0863 sacredchow.com
- Candle Café in Lenox Hill 1307 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10021 (212) 472-0970 http://www.candlecafe.com/
- Hummus place in the upper West side 305 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10023 (212)799-3335 hummusplace.com
- Pongal in Midtown 110 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10016 (212) 696-9458 www.pongalnyc.com
- Chennai Garden by Tiffini Wallah in Midtown 127 E 28th St, New York, NY 10016 (212)685-7301 http://www.tiffindelivery.us/
- Ahisma in SoHo 210 Thompson St, New York, NY 10012 (212) 533-7290 http://www.ahimsa.nyc/